ABOUT ALOPECIA AREATA
Hair loss (alopecia areata) can affect just the scalp or the entire body .it can be the result of heredity, certain medications or an underlying medical condition. anyone men, women, and children can experience hair loss.
Signs and symptoms of hair loss may include
- Gradual thinking on top of the head. This is the most common type of hair loss, affecting both men and women in men, hair often begins to recede from the forehead in a line that resembles the letter M. Wommen typically retain a line of hair at the forehead but experience a broadening of the part in their hair.
- Circular or patchy bold spots .some peoleexpirence smooth bold sports, often about an inch (2.6 centimeters )across .this type of hair loss usually affects just the scalp but it sometimes also occurs in beards or eyebrows .in some cause, the skin may become itchy or painful before the hair fall out.
- Sudden loosening of hair. A physical or emotional shock can cause hair loss. Handfuls of hair may come out when combing or washing the hair or even after gentle tugging. This type of hair loss of hair usually causes overall hair thinning and and not bold patches.
- Full body hair loss .S some conditions and medical treatments, such as chemotherapy for cancer, can result in the loss of all over the body. The hair usually grows back after treatment end.
There are three types of Alopecia Areata, Alopeciaareatatotails, and Alopecia Areata Universalis.
- Alopecia areata is the most common variation of the autoimmune disease itself as round, smooth patches of various sizes.
- Alopecia areatatotails itself as total loss of hair on the scalp.
- Alopecia Areata Universalis the rarest form of alopecia areata and presents itself as loss of hair over the entire scalp and body.
- In all form of also, the hair follicles remain alive and are ready to resume normal hair production whenever they receive the appropriate signal .in all cases, hair growth may occur even without treatment and even after many years.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ALOPECIA AREATA
1.Lakshanam for removing the Srotorodham caused by Kapha,
3.Kesyam for hair growth,krimignacikitsa
Ayurvedic Medicines For Alopecia Areata
Triphala actually means three fruits and it is an Ayurvedic herbal formulation coming from the Indian subcontinent. These three fruits are Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis), bibhita Triphala powder or churna ingredients (Terminaliabelerica) and Haritaki (Terminaliachebula
- Sottruuppu (Sodium chloride) – 16.67%
- Savattuuppu ( Alkaline earth salt )- 16.67%
- Valaiyaluppu ( Severe Glass Salt ) – 16.67%
- Kalluppu ( Artificial salt )- 16.67%
- Vediyuppu ( Potassium nitrate )- 16.67%
- Indhuppu ( Rock salt )- 16.67%Processed in
- VarikumattiPazhaSarru ( Citrulluscolocynthis)- Q.S
- Butter Milk ( Bosindicus )- Q.S
Reference: PulippaaniVaidhyam- 500
Dosage: 1-2 gms with rice water (one day old) 2-3 times a day before food as per the body constitution. Give the medicine on the 3-5 days of menstruation for soothagavali. For other daily once for 48 days.
Indications: Menstrual disorders such as soothagakattu (Amenorrhoea), Soothagavali (dysmennorhoea), AruvagaiGunmam (Indicated in six types of gastritis), Gunmakatti (pa phantom tumor), Porumal (flatulence), Sobai (anemia), Agattuvayu (gastralgia), Mooththirakrichcharam (painful micturition) etc
3. Durdurpartradi keram (tiksnam and kaphaharam)+nilibhrugaditailam (Kassam )- used for pics on the hairless patch maintains healthy blood circulation
General Instructions: It will cause purgation in few patients. Correct the dose accordingly.
Ingredients: It consists
|Sl No.||Siddha Name||Scientific Name||Qty|
|2||SavattuUppu||Alkaline earth salt||16.67%|
|3||ValaiyalUppu||Sandevere Glass Salt||16.67%|
|6||Indhuppu||Rock salt||16.67% Processed in|
|8||More (Butter Milk)||Bosindicus||Q.S.|
4.Karisalaikerpam -1 tablet morning and night after food (cesium )
5.Nellikaighrtam -10 ml with milk at night (cesium, brmhanam, rasayanam)
- Intake of biotin vitamin helps in hair growth.
- Rasagandhimezhugu (internally )is effective in resistant case.
- Gandhakacurnam (3gm)can be given with honey.
- Udvartanam with gomutrabhavithaavalgujabijacurnam is effective .
- The drugs used for hair should be sithalam ,kesyamlikenechi ,yastimadhu ,bujangalathadikeram ,trphaladikeram ,kaiyunyadi a9kinjith usnam )keram,japapatraidikeram,trphaladikeram ,kaiyunyadi (kinjithusnam)keram, japapatradikeram.
- Tineacapitis was ruled out as there was no itching or dandruff over the scalp.
- Trichotillomania (the compulsive urge to pull out one’s own hair)was ruled out through history taking
- Since thyroid profile was normal, the patchy hair loss of hypothyroidism was ruled out.